Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 30, Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 35 miles




Today was a day for visiting with Mom and doing chores. I took the truck into Frankfort for an oil change and tire rotation. I also did some shopping for Mom, Pru, and ourselves. Laurel, meanwhile, did laundry and some house cleaning in the trailer.



For Pru, I bought new 9 volt batteries for her smoke detector system. She has 7 detectors that are wired together. At 3:30 this morning, one went off. She called me to investigate, which I did. We could not find anything that would cause it to alarm, and I tested all the alarms for functionality. One or more were beeping, the signal for low battery. The bottom line is we did not get a full night's sleep.



The weather was partly sunny, breezy, and a high about 60. Per the forecast, this will be the best day of the week. Oh, well.



Mom showed us a bunch of old family photos that my cousin Allen Boucher sent. Most were of my dad, but there were some of my grand and great grand parents and other relatives. I got out our printer/copier/scanner and scanned them all individually. Anyway, I don't recall ever seeing a picture of my grandfather Charles Ladd or his parents before.

1 comment:

  1. I've not seen these (obviously) and look forward to seeing them too! It just occured to me that I didn't know Great-grandpa was named Charles. I suppose I should press you for some more details on the family tree.

    ReplyDelete