Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 34, Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 90 miles

We woke to yet another day of cloudy skies, but the rain was limited to an occasional mist. After breakfast, Laurel had a date for a pedicure in Lexington with Sandy and Brenda. Pru decided to join them. I drove the truck as I needed to fill a propane cylinder. I also wanted to go to a Verizon store to update my Internet service and to a Best Buy to pick up a backup drive (I got nervous about loosing all our pictures and other documents). I dropped them off at Pronails and ran my errands. I stopped at a Starbucks to check email and look into Disney World ticket prices. Afterwards, I met them at the Fayette Mall, one of the premier shopping venues in Lexington. We left from there to lunch at Max and Irma's, a place that makes a mean tortilla soup.

We went over to nephew Paul Ladd's home in Lexington to visit him and son Blake. Shannon was out of town - she was pinch hitting for someone on a trip to Jamaica. Blake, who is just 5, is a real athlete. He can throw a football with spiral and a baseball long distances with ease. It was fun playing with him.

We drove home by way of my old hometown, Versailles. Dinner at Mom's tonight would include Mary, Ann, David, Pru, Laurel and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment